According to the Department of Defense, there are more than 1.7 million military children worldwide. To honor the unique sacrifices of children whose parents serve in the military, each April is designated as the Month of the Military Child.
Here are some ways you can show your support for military families and military children:
- Read books about military kid’s experiences, military lifestyles, or appreciating the differences in each other.
- Create a Hero Wall to honor those in public service – it could be family members or family friends currently serving, veterans, or community members.
- Write letters or draw pictures and send to deployed family members, friends, and community members.
- Purple Up! for Military Kids in April.
- Participate in community events and activities that support military families.